Information We Collect from Our Site Visitors
Information We Collect from Users Who Subscribe to Our Mailing List
When you subscribe to our mailing list, we collect your first name and email to send you information or our email newsletter. Like any modern newsletter service, our newsletter provider tracks standard subscriber behavior such as email opens, click-throughs, and unsubscribes. Also, we may contact you about products and services we believe may be useful to you.
This website, www.happybetteryou.com follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Like many other websites, we use ‘cookies’ or similar technologies. Cookies are text files placed or stored on a visitor’s computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor’s behaviour information. The information is used to track visitor use of the site and optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
For more details about cookies, go to www.aboutcookies.org and www.allaboutcookies.org.
DoubleClick DART Cookie
Google is one of our third-party vendors. Any advertisement served by Google, Inc., is controlled by using the DoubleClick DART cookie. This cookie allows Google to serve ads to our site visitors based upon their visit to www.happybetteryou.com and other sites on the internet.
Note that “Happy Better You” has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Controlling Your Privacy (How You can Manage this Information)
You may manage and limit the information you share in various ways such as the following:
• You may change your name and email address registered in our mailing list by contacting us.
• You may opt out of our email newsletter by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email newsletter.
• You may disable cookies in your browser before visiting our website.
• You may use alias (an assumed name) to claim anonymity in all your interaction such as in email subscription form, blog comment section, and contact form.
• You may decide not to take part in interactive areas such as blog comment sections and website contact form.
However, note that taking some of the above actions will limit your experiences with our website. For examples:
• Opting out of our email newsletter will automatically stop you from getting our website updates.
• Disabling cookies may prevent some of our website features from functioning optimally, and this in turn stops you from getting the best of value we have to offer.
• Refusing to participate or engage in interactive section like posting comments on blog posts will also limit you from having the best of value from our website and its community.
How Information may be Shared
From time to time, “Happy Better You” may share non-personally identifiable information on our website and with other third parties. As an example, we may share a graph of our traffic statistics to outline website performance. This information is usually in the aggregate and never personally identifiable.
Know that we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer the personal information of our visitors to third parties. However, there are special situations or conditions where the personal information of our website users may be shared or disclosed. These situations or conditions include:
• To provide services. In order to provide our services, we use some third-party platforms or services. For instance, we use a third-party email newsletter service provider for our newsletter service. These third-parties may receive the information you share, and information they collect is subject to their own terms and privacy policies.
• To perform certain function: We may use other third-parties (companies, organizations, contractors and individuals) to serve certain functions, like providing technical assistance or data analytics. Again, these third-parties (companies, organizations, contractors and individuals may need to use personal information so as to carry out these functions effectively. No personal information of a visitor will be provided except to those who may need them to perform necessary functions.
• For legal reasons. We may disclose personal information if we are sure it’s needful to: comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our rights and others’ rights, property, or safety.
Links to other Websites